Connection with Twitter expert

In my digital Citizenship class, we have been tasked to follow 10 experts in the area we chose to get some information about our Genius hour project. My Genius hour project is about “Graffiti” but mainly focused about it evolution over years. My first assignment was to follow 10 people who are either authors/professors or artist and to add them to a list. After that, we had to send a tweet to each expert.  These experts are people who draw graffiti. Here are 10 of the experts that I followed.

@hiregraffiti, @manOneArt, @iambobzilla, @tomokeefe, @streetartnews, @ArtatBerlin, @imcorinnemec, @Flow1oner, @DZIAAIZD, @HEBRUBRANTLY. Some of these experts graffiti are really old and each of them have something to do with an event that occurred. The work  they made can help me demonstrate how graffiti evolved over years. I first commented some of their work and then I requested help from them by asking some questions. By getting some request from them, I can use them either as pictures for my Genius Hour project, but also to show the chronological evolution of graffiti. Here are some of the experts who I sent tweets.

Hey! Thanks for sharing the graffiti, It helped me find different sources of Graffiti origins. hope to get more information. @hiregraffiti                                                                                                                                                                        Hey! The Aladdin you made is nice. I need help with the pictures i’ll use for my GH, can you give me some suggestions.thanks @GraffitiLife                                                                                                                                                      Hey! I’m doing a project about the evolution of graffiti over time. Can you give me some suggestions. Thanks @Flow1Oner.

However, out of all the tweets I sent, I only received some assistance from the expert @iambobzilla, he suggested me a blog where there are a lot of graffiti (). I continued the conversation him but did not get any response. @ArteyMuros followed me back, I sent him a message asking him questions but he did not respond and other experts only favored my tweets.

Although I did not get the help I needed, I will still use some of the pictures in the blog that one of the expert requested to me. This was my first experience and I did not get good results, but as they say “you learn from your mistakes”. I learned a lot of things from this process and if I get to do it another time, I will definitely do better.